Did Your Sewage Back Up onto Your Commercial Property in Youngstown, OH?
There is never a convenient time for the sewage to back up in your Boardman commercial facility. Luckily, SERVPRO of Mahoning and North Columbiana Counties is always prepared for all types of losses, big and small. Sewage damage can be such an overwhelming disaster to your New Middletown commercial property, but in this blog, we can help you get an understanding of the situation for some peace of mind.
For further explanation, let’s examine the three types of contaminated water:
Category 1: “Clean Water”
- This is water from a clean source like a faucet or broken supply line
- It can quickly degrade into into Category 2 or 3 if left untreated (factors like temperature, time, and contact with contaminants can affect this outcome
Category 2: “Gray Water”
- This water has significant levels of contamination that could potentially cause discomfort or illness if ingested
- It could be from a washing machine overflow; toilet overflow with some urine, but no feces; or dishwasher overflow
- May contain bacteria and viruses
- Can rapidly degrade to Category 3 if left untreated
Category 3: “Black Water”
- This water is grossly unsanitary and any contact should be avoided at all costs
- It could be caused by flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth
- May contain harsh chemicals, microbes, and untreated sewage
Sewer damage is serious and can be far more penalizing than a lower category water damage case. Do not wait to have sewage damage cleaned up, especially not at an Austintown commercial property where others may come in contact with potentially dangerous water. Contact SERVPRO of Mahoning and North Columbiana Counties today on our website or call us at (330)-536-7477 for immediate assistance 24/7.