The Dangers of Leaving Water Unattended in Your Willow Crest Home
Do you know what water damage is? Let’s look at a quick definition from our friends at Inspection Support Network, water damage can be defined as “Any type of physical damage caused to property that has come in direct contact with water.” Water damage can be caused by a plethora of occurrences, the number one offender being leaking roofs. Closely followed by appliances & equipment leaks, pipes & drains, sprinkler systems, and plain old Mother Nature.
Now that we know what water damage is, let’s discuss what it can entail. By the time water is found, it’s usually been sitting and spreading throughout the same spot for longer than desired. This would cause the water to spread around baseboards, through floors/ceilings, between cracks, and more. No matter the size of the puddle, all water damage in your Youngstown, East Liverpool, Austintown, or surrounding areas home or commercial property is bad.
For further explanation, here is our water service process…
- Emergency Contact
- Inspection: An estimator comes out to assess the damaged property (check for the source, check for contaminated water, categorize the type of water, survey the extent of damage, and inspect)
- Water Removal: Our teams come out to begin the restoration process (move-out service of damaged items, remove excess water, inspect carpeting/carpet pads, usage of water removal equipment)
- Drying: Our teams begin drying out the water damaged premises (usage of dehumidification & monitoring equipment to track progress)
- Cleaning & Sanitizing: Occurs after the drying process is complete and damages due to the water leak need to be assessed (content restoration, odor removal & deodorization, sanitizing treatments, proper disposal of all damaged materials)
- Restoration: Occurs when you need repairs and building services (board-ups, roof tarping, temporary fencing, move-out, temporary warehouse space, drywall removal & installation, etc.)
If you or someone you know is in need of water damage restoration services, call SERVPRO of Mahoning and North Columbiana Counties today at (330) 536-7477 or visit our Website! Our teams have the skills and expertise to make it, “Like it never even happened.”